What to do when you have a claim.
- Make sure yourself and everyone else is safe.
- Contact emergency personnel if necessary.
- After everyone's safety has been addressed, report the claim to your agent.
- Do what you can to protect your property from further damages.
- Take photos and document things if you are able.
After the claim is reported.
- The adjuster will be contacting you as soon as possible.
- Save your receipts for any temporary repairs made and any other expenses incurred.
- Start a inventory of the damaged property.
Other things to know.
Vandalism/Theft Claims- File a report for any vandalism or theft with the police as soon as possible.
Livestock Claims- Livestock deaths should have a veterinarian perform a postmortem examination within 48 hours.